Confetti Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, cilantro, peppers, onion, jalapeno if desired and garlic.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, chili powder and sugar. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 179 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Confetti Bean Salad
"Great recipe! We make it all the time now!"
"Excellent! Does anyone know if this can be frozen? Or jarred? Thank you!"