Confetti Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, cilantro, peppers, onion, jalapeno if desired and garlic.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, chili powder and sugar. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 179 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Confetti Bean Salad
"Great recipe! We make it all the time now!"
"Excellent! Does anyone know if this can be frozen? Or jarred? Thank you!"
"This is such a great tasting salad. It does not have that strong vinegar taste. Now when I go to potluck suppers I make sure I take it.---Stoney Creek, Ontario"