I shared this recipe with a friend a while back. Now we kid about who will make it when we're attending the same event! No matter who brings the salad, it's always a hit at get-togethers. -Doreen Storz Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, cilantro, peppers, onion, jalapeno if desired and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, chili powder and sugar. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Bean Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p37
Reviews for Confetti Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review