A medley of vegetables and beans adds color and appeal to this recipe from field editor Kathleen Drott of Pineville, Louisiana.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, simmer onion in broth for 5 minutes. Add next six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cover; simmer 20 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Bean Chili in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p17
Reviews for Confetti Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review