Confectioners' Sugar Glaze
This versatile glaze is shared by our Test Kitchen. You can make the basic recipe and tint it with food coloring if desired. For chocolate lovers, skip the food coloring and stir in some baking cocoa.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon clear McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla; stir
- until combined and smooth (mixture will be thick). Tint with food
- coloring if desired. With a butter knife or small metal spatula,
- lightly spread glaze on cooled cookies. Let dry for 1 hour. Yield:
- 3/4 cup.
Chocolate Confectioners' Sugar Glaze: Prepare Confectioners' Sugar Glaze. Stir in 4 teaspoons baking cocoa until smooth.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 teaspoon) equals 31 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.