Coney Island Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Grill or cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place hot dogs in buns; top with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Coney Island Sauce
Sort By :
Very good! Made a quadruple batch for a meeting.....one batch doesn't make much at all!
I thought this tasted really good on my hot dog. I will keep this recipe and make it again.
I made this for a baked potato buffet fundraiser, they licked the pot clean and asked for more! Just enough spice to keep everyone happy.
I wondered about the celery, but this was the best hot dog chili I've eaten.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >