- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) ketchup
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 packages (1 pound each) hot dogs
- 32 to 40 hot dog buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, celery and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper; stir into beef mixture. Add ketchup and tomato juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions; place on buns. Top each with about 1/4 cup beef mixture. Yield: 32-40 servings.
Originally published as Coney Dogs for a Crowd in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p54
Reviews for Coney Dogs for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2012
"VERY EASY TO MAKE. KIDS LOVED IT AND I WOULD MAKE IT AGAIN...."