- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) ketchup
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 packages (1 pound each) hot dogs
- 32 to 40 hot dog buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, celery and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and pepper; stir into beef mixture. Add ketchup and tomato juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions; place on buns. Top each with about 1/4 cup beef mixture. Yield: 32-40 servings.
Originally published as Coney Dogs for a Crowd in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p54
Reviews for Coney Dogs for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review