Compote of Fruit
"This different and refreshing combination of fruits is a welcome side dish my husband, Jim, and I enjoy with breakfast or lunch," says Genise Krause from Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. "The light dressing lets the goodness of the fruit come through."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red apple, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine
- the pineapple, grapefruit and apple. In a small saucepan, combine
- the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in lime juice and
- reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over fruit and toss to
- coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 145 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2-1/2 fruit.