Company Vegetable Casserole Recipe
A neighbor passed this on to me. I make my casserole for family dinners, reunions and potlucks, and the response is almost always the same when people taste it—"Can I have the recipe?" I grew up as the oldest of seven children...I've been cooking for 67 of my 78 years. For 50 years, I worked as a beautician. Now, I'm a retired widow with four grown children.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained or 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained or 2 cups cooked fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup saltine crumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, soup, sour cream, cheese and onion. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine the butter, crumbs and almonds; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC