Company Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained or 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained or 2 cups cooked fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup saltine crumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, soup, sour cream, cheese and onion. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine the butter, crumbs and almonds; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Company Vegetable Casserole
"this is a great looking waaaaay easy dish to take to a church potluck or progressive dinner.this sort of reminds me of the classic green bean casserole cause of the "cream of" soup, yum."
"Loved this! I did change it a bit though. First, I used fresh green beans and I steamed them for about 9 minutes before putting them in the mix. I also did only 1 cup of frozen corn, then did a cup of fresh peas that I happened to use (didn't cook these at all beforehand). I used a little less chopped onion as well. Also, instead of the saltines and almonds, I used herbed stuffing (the kind that is more crumbly than cubed). This was the best part! The stuffing was SO good on top of this. I would definitely recommend!"
"Evpicky eaters love this! A standard at family get - togethers"
"I made this recipe exactly the way it calls for and it turned out absolutely delicious!!! I am very picky with veggies and this was so good I wanted to eat the whole dish by myself!"
"Just to clarify...I don't cut the amount of green beans in half. I cut each green bean itself. :)"
"This is an excellent and quick casserole. I prefer to cut the green beans in half. A can of cut green beans with shellie beans also works. Since my husband can't eat nuts, I omitted the almonds."
"What a great new recipe to add to my recipe book. Very simple and delicious. I substituted a splash of 1/2 & 1/2 for the sour cream (my husband does not like sour cream) and added a 1/2 cup of fresh diced mushrooms. I also omitted the almonds. Definately a keeper -"
"VERY GOOD!!! i used fresh green beans - steamed them first till tender crisp."