Company Turkey Potpie Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel bulb
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallots in oil until tender. Add the squash, red pepper and fennel; saute 5 minutes longer. Add 1/4 cup broth. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle flour over vegetables; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually add milk and remaining broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the turkey, sherry and seasonings; heat through. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Stack all 10 phyllo sheets. Roll up, starting with a long side; cut into 1/2-in. strips. Place strips in a large bowl and toss to separate; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Arrange over turkey mixture; spritz again. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 275 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Company Turkey Potpie
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.