Company Seafood Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation flaked crabmeat
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen bay scallops, thawed and drained
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, whisk flour and sour cream until smooth. Add cheese and butter; cook and stir over low heat until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in crab and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Place the scallops in a large saucepan with 1/2 in. of water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or just until opaque.
- 3. Drain scallops; add to crab mixture. Add shrimp; cook and stir over low heat until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 657 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.