Company's Coming Soup Recipe
- 1 pound 10-bean mix (about 2 cups)
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place beans and enough water to cover in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain beans and discard liquid. Return beans to kettle; add the water, ham, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until beans are tender.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until onion is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 147 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 1369mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 14g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Company's Coming Soup
"had to add a little sugar because it was too sour for my taste. would probably use less lemon juice next time."