Company's Coming Salad Recipe
Sugared almonds give Dolores Lueken's delicious salad an over-the-top kick that will have guests coming back for seconds. She sent the healthy and flavorful salad from her kitchen in Ferdinand, Indiana.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small heavy skillet, cook and stir the sugar over medium-low heat until melted. Stir in almonds; cook for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Spread onto foil coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, romaine, oranges, celery and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; add almonds and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Company's Coming Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p31
Reviews for Company's Coming Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2010
This salad was exceptional, the flavour of the cider vinegar and canola oil blended well. I would definitely make it again. I added a few tiny tomatoes.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >