- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute the celery, carrot and onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and wild rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add long grain rice; cover and simmer 20 minutes longer. Stir in cherries; cook 5 minutes longer or until the liquid is absorbed. Just before serving, stir in pecans. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Company Rice
"A big hit ! made it again.It will be made often in our home . A big thank you"
"A big hit ! made it again on saturday. It will be made often in our home . A big thank you"
"A very colorful sidedish. I made the recipe as is and found it could use a little flavoring that would go well with the pecans. Will make again."