Company-Ready Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- 1. Place spinach in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with salmon. Drizzle oil over spinach.
- 2. Combine honey and mustard. Remove 2 tablespoons mixture; brush over salmon. Place the cornflakes, almonds and pecans in a small food processor; cover and process until ground. Press onto salmon. Stir mayonnaise into remaining honey mixture; refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with reserved sauce. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 296 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Company-Ready Crusted Salmon
"My husband could NOT stop telling me how much he loved this! We used smaller pieces of filet and that worked out fine. I also used cashews instead of pecans. Do NOT skip the reserved sauce! I will definitely make this again."
"This was fantastic. I didn't have honey on hand, so I substituted it with organic agave nectar. It was still super tasty, and a huge hit with my family. I will definitely be making this again!"
"Wonderful flavor. Favorite way to fix salmon."
"This recipe is fabulous. It looks very fancy and yet is so simple to make. Even salmon haters loved it!"
"This was a delicious recipe! My husband does not like seafood, but he will eat two servings of this salmon. I usually serve it with either brown rice or homemade mashed potatoes."
"It was very good. I loved the sauce. The only troubled I had was the spinach dried out around the salmon and I put the oil on it."
"This is truly our all time favorite salmon recipes and my husband asks for it on a regular basis. The only change I make is that we like to serve it over quinoa cooked in vegetable broth to give it flavor. Quinoa have a geat texture that compliments the salmon and spinach in this recipe."
"Delicious! Instead of serving it with couscous, we used orzo."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.