Company-Ready Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- 1. Place spinach in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with salmon. Drizzle oil over spinach.
- 2. Combine honey and mustard. Remove 2 tablespoons mixture; brush over salmon. Place the cornflakes, almonds and pecans in a small food processor; cover and process until ground. Press onto salmon. Stir mayonnaise into remaining honey mixture; refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with reserved sauce. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
about 3 ounces cooked salmon with 1/4 cup spinach and 1 tablespoon sauce equals 296 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.