Company Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Company Mac and Cheese
Sort By :
"good but needs a little something."
"Good stuff! I was out of elbows the last time that I made it so I used shells. Turned out so good!!"
"Very creamy. Husband really liked it. I will definantly make this often."
"This is the best macaroni and cheese recipe ever. The only one I've used for years now. It has a rich creamy sauce and taste great, you can aslo use white cheddar. It is what you'll judge all other mac and cheeses you try."
"I used a 1# pkg of elbow macaroni and add 1/2 cup of Parmesan and 1 cup of finely diced Velveeta, also I use sharp Cheddar instead of mild. You can use pepper jack if you like. I also swap out the milk for half and half. Most times I include 4 or more slices of diced crisp cooked bacon. When we have mac and cheese we usually eat it as a main course entree so it doesn't really make 8 servings"