Company Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 453 calories, 30 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.