Company Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Company Mac and Cheese(29)
Sort By :
My Husband and Son-in-law loved this! I used what I had in the fridge....the cream cheese was greek cream cheese, munster and cheddar cheese, yellow and Dijon mustard. The dish was creamy and delicious!!
One of our family favorites. I usually double the macaroni. Sometimes I do the breadcrumbs and sometimes I don't. Either way it is a hit.
Out of all the mac n cheese recipes from Taste of Home this was my favorite to use as a base. I only made a few tweaks by using both milk and cream, mozzarella, Colby and pepper jack cheeses, dry mustard, crushed oyster crackers along with parsley for the topping and I added chopped broccoli florets. Yum! My family loved it, so I'll be adding this to my recipe book.
I cooked 8 oz of gluten free pasta and it wasn't enough- was too saucy so I cooked a bit more and it was perfect. I love Mac & cheese. The addition of the cream cheese makes it more special. I allow myself to make it once a year at Christmas time for a special treat. Great recipe. Thank you!
I made this last night for dinner with a rotisserie chicken and it was awesome. I questioned the cream cheese at first because I had never thought about adding that to Mac and cheese but it made it so creamy!!! Next time I may add a little more cheddar cheese than the recipe calls for to give it a bigger cheesy flavor! I am already planning on making this again for a Christmas party this weekend, can't wait!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >