Company Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and parsley.
- 3. Spread 1 cup meat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/4 cups meat mixture and 1 cup cheese mixture. Repeat three times. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 374 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Company Lasagna
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.