- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs and parsley.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/4 cups meat mixture and 1 cup cheese mixture. Repeat three times. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Company Lasagna
Sort By :
"Pretty basic recipe. I thought 2 tablespoons of oregano seemed like quite a lot and cut it to 1 tablespoon. Oregano was still overwhelming. Next time I will cut it to 1-2 tsp. Maybe my family just aren't oregano lovers, but it would have been inedible with the full 2 tablespoons. I am assuming it is a typo and should be tsp."
"This is almost the exact recipe that I use except instead of cottage cheese I use ricotta and I use crushed tomatoes in place of the stewed ones. Everyone asks me for my recipe and I take it to all covered dish dinners, super bowl parties, etc. Always come home with an empty dish."
"This was easy to make and a very large meal! I am going to be eating it for a few days. Next time I would probably cut the stewed tomatoes into smaller pieces, but that is because my husband isn't a big fan of big pieces of tomato."