Company Ham and Noodles Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces fully cooked ham, julienned (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until tender. Add ham; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with flour and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in sour cream. Add the mushrooms. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 205 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Company Ham and Noodles
"Was too bland no distinct flavor"
"Very yummy! Great flavor from the mushrooms, I used 1 cup fresh mushrooms and minced them up real fine so my family wouldn't see them! Great way to use up leftover ham from Easter. Only problem is, it seems to serve less than 6 people. There is not a lot of sauce (I have a family of 6) and next time I will definitely be making more. Overall, VERY easy, quick, and full of flavor!"
"Very quick and easy, yet it is also very tasty. This is my husband's favorite. He will even make it himself."