Company Ham and Noodles
This recipe has been a family favorite for more than 20 years. It's a very easy dish to make and is a great way to use leftover ham.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces fully cooked ham, julienned (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add ham; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with flour and
- stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in sour cream.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 205 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.