This recipe has been a family favorite for more than 20 years. It's a very easy dish to make and is a great way to use leftover ham.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces fully cooked ham, julienned (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until tender. Add ham; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with flour and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in sour cream. Add the mushrooms. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Company Ham and Noodles in Country June/July 1994, p51
Reviews for Company Ham and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review