Company Green Beans
Top off these green beans with onion rings or toasted bread crumbs for an even fancier side dish.Rhonda Hogan, Eugene, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole potatoes, drained and quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add beans and
- water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10
- minutes or until beans are tender. Add potatoes and heat through.
- Drain. Sprinkle with garlic powder and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 96 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.