Company Corn Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. Cook corn according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the parsley, salt, savory and pepper.
- 2. Drain corn; add to onion mixture. Stir in sour cream and lemon juice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 183 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Company Corn
"This corn is always a hit. The savory is a nice addition."
"We love this corn!"
"This was good, however next time I will skip the lemon juice. Dont really know why it is in this recipe."
"I made this for Thanksgiving last year and it stole the show! Everyone loved the taste and wanted the recipe. :D"
"I make this corn for every holiday!"
"I used less onion and more celery and it turned out very delicious."
"I made this every year since it appeared in the print magazine! The veggies blend nicely, the spices work well, and the sourcream blends it all together without washing out the other flavors. Perfect."
"Made this for Thanksgiving this year using black pepper instead of white pepper and no savory because I didn't have it on hand. It was excellent and I got a ton of great feedback on it. Definitely recommend! :)"
"LOVE this corn!!!!"
"I made it for Thanksgiving last year and everyone loved it!!! Now I just eliminate the savory and white pepper and use it all the time. It's a favorite of my husbands!!!"
"Excellent. It's something different."
"I love this recipe. The flavors mixed together are fantastic!"