Company Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 6 slices bread, crusts removed
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. Place bread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, place mushrooms over chicken. Combine water chestnuts and mayonnaise; spoon over mushrooms. Top with cheeses. Beat eggs and milk; pour over cheese. Combine soups; spread over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the casserole; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Company Chicken Casserole
"This casserole was easy and excellent. Made it for a family dinner party. Elegant but easy. Liked the refrigerate overnight part. I did add a splash of sherry to the soups."