This plain cheesecake is anything but ordinary! The marvelously rich filling is terrific with the pecan-laden crust. My brother gave me the recipe. —Donna Bucher, Tirane, Albania
Recommended: Top 10 Mac & Cheese Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans and lemon peel, cut in butter until crumbly. Combine egg yolk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 400° for 8-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Fill a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with 8 cups water; place on lowest oven rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar. Add the flour, vanilla and salt. Combine eggs and egg yolks; add to cream cheese mixture just until combined. Beat in cream just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake on middle rack at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set (top of cheesecake will crack). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Company Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p88
Reviews forCompany Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2011
"This is the best cheesecake I have ever made. When I bring it to work, everyone rushes to get a piece."