This recipe came from a woman's group benefit. We think it tastes great with beef.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 1 in. water in a small saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add the cauliflower, bouillon, wine and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute or until heated
- through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 103 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.