Company Cauliflower Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place 1 in. water in a small saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the cauliflower, bouillon, wine and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 103 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Company Cauliflower
"I think this is a very nice change from the way I normally make cauliflower. I made this using leftover cauliflower that was already cooked. I omitted the chicken bouillon as I couldn't find them . Liked the parmesan flavor instead of a cheddar cheese sauce you put on some vergetables. Will make it again."
"So simple and delicious!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.