Company Casserole Recipe
I first tried this casserole at a family dinner years ago. It's a great dish because it goes into the oven before guests arrive. Just before serving, make rice or noodles and toss a salad. --Barbara Treiuthick, Aurora, Colorado
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture; toss gently. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 hours or until hot and bubbly. Serve with rice or noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 243 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC