Company Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 12 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 10 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Company Brussels Sprouts
"I came across this recipe many years ago & now it's on the menu every Thanksgiving or Christmas (or both)! The green olives do add a pizazz to the dish. Remember, because of the bacon & the olives, go easy on the salt. I've converted non-Brussel sprout eaters into believers after trying this recipe. Enjoy!"
"This is a good recipe. My family loves this vegetable and this was a nice variation."
"My sister gave me this recipe quite a while ago and asked me to make it for Thanksgiving. Grudgingly, I did it, because I am not a fan of brussel sprouts. Well, that sure changed. This recipe marries such great flavors and every year, I am specifically asked to bring this dish. Now I make it for other occasions, and it is a hit."
"I modified the recipe by parboiling the brussels sprouts and carrots along with the salt and Mrs. Dash and used bacon bits. The dish was very tasty and I will definitely make it again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.