Company Brussels Sprouts
Want to serve an extra-special vegetable side dish? This tempting recipe might just do the trick. The combination of flavorful ingredients dresses up ordinary brussels sprouts. Enjoy!
Donald Roberts, Amherst, New Hampshire
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 12 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 10 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons
- Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; cook and stir over
- medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until brussels sprouts are
- crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.