Want to serve an extra-special vegetable side dish? This tempting recipe might just do the trick. The combination of flavorful ingredients dresses up ordinary brussels sprouts. Enjoy! — Donald Roberts, Amherst, New Hampshire
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 12 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 10 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Company Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Company Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review