This recipe was passsed down from my great grandmother from Sicily. I enjoy serving this dish to family & friends, & hearing them tell me I should open my own restaurant is a true compliment.
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 pkg. ea. Veal & Pork cubes
- 3 or more Brasciole
- 5 large garlic cloves & 1 large onion
- 3 ea 28 oz cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 ea 35 oz cans Peeled Plum Shaped Tomatoes
- 3 ea 28 oz cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 ea 18 oz can Tomato Paste
- 1 can Water
- 4 tblsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cups Pecorino Romano Grating Cheese
- 3 tblsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Add generous amounts of Fresh Basil, & Fresh Italian Parsley
- Brown chopmeat in frying pan, & drain all the oil.
- Using a 16 qt stockpot, slice garlic cloves, diced onion& add olive oil.
- Simmer slightly & add ground beef & stir.
- Add the Veal & Pork cubes until browned.
- Add all cans of sauce with 1 can of water.
- simmer on medium heat until slightly bubbling.
- Add Brasciole & all remaining ingredients.
- Cover & cook on low flame stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite pasta. Yield: serves 8
Reviews for Sicilian Style Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review