Polish Nut Torte Recipe
When we lived in the city the girl across the street and I baked a lot. This is a recipe that we both loved and I keep it kear to my heart now as she is ill with cancer. Angie was and still is a terrific lady although older than I I still love her to death. This is for Angie. She also was Polish and when the Polish Pope was elected wanted the VAtican moved to Poland. I sure got my jollies out of that one.
- 3 c. ground walnuts reserving 1/4 c. for top
- 12 large eggs separated
- 2 c. icing sugar
- 3 hpg. tbsp, sifted unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. icing sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 3 tbsp. instant coffee granules in cut with 1/4 c. boiling water. let stand till cool.
- Beat whites very stiff, beat yolks and icing sugar till light in color in small bowl. Mix bread crumbs and flour and add to walnuts. Mix together well. Fold egg yolk mixture and flour mixture alternately to egg whites. It is very important to fold and not mix the yolks and flour mmixture in a little at a time. Bake in a greased 10 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 min. Turn off heat, open door a little and leave cake in the oven for 10 min., longer.
- Beat butter, icing sugar anf vanilla sugar well, add the 3 yolks one at aa time, beating well after eaach. Add cooled coffee a little at a time tillit has a nice coclr and flavor. You may not need all the coffee. Stir in the 1/4 c. walnuts. Put icing over cake or split cake in layers and put icing in layers and over top and sides.` Yield: serves 9
Reviews for Polish Nut Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review