- 1 pkg 2 layer pineapple upside-down cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 6 eggs
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 20 maraschino cherries chopped
- 3 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Whipped topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 10 inch spring form pan; set aside. In a bowl combine drained pineapple and brown suger then sprean in bottom of pan. In large bowl combine cake mix, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup oil, and 3 of the eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds scraping sides of bwl constantly. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Pour over pineapple mixture.
- 2. In another bowl beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in granulated sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in remaining 3 eggs just until combined. Stir in chopped maraschino cherries. Pour over cake mix. Place cheesecake on baking sheet.
- 3. Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until center is set(top will be uneven and center may fall slightly as it cools). Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife loosen the cake from the sides of the pan. Cool 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool completely and refridgerate at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: serves 16
Reviews for Pineapple Upsidedown Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013
The best cheesecake ever