I have made this recipe over 30 years. It is loved by everyone in the family.
- 1 pkg dry yeast
- 1/4 c warm water
- 3/4 c milk
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 1/2 c sifted flour (approx)
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- juice from 8oz crushed pineapple
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1 T butter
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2-3 T milk
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Mix 1 pkg dry yeast with 1/4 c warm water and let work.
- warm: 3/4 c milk with 1/4 c crisco. Add in 1/4 c sugar and 1 t salt with milk mixture.
- Beat 1 egg and add to warm mixture.
- Add yeast to milk mixture.
- Add approximately 3 1/2 c sifted flour slowly to liquid mixture to form soft dough.
- Place in grease covered bowl to double.
- While dough rises, prepare pineapple filling.
- Drain 1 8oz can of crushed pineapple, reserving the juice.
- Place in small pan: juice, 1/4 c brown sugar and 2 T flour.
- Stir and cook till thick. Add pineapple and cook 1 min. longer.
- Remove from heat and add 1 T butter. Set aside to cool.
- When double, roll out dough on floured work area to form a 10 x 18 inch rectangle. Spread cooled pineapple mixture over dough leaving one 18 inch side clean of pineapple to help in sealing roll. Roll toward clean 18 inch edge. pinch edge to hold roll in a long log. Cut in half, and repeat until you have 12 equal pieces. Place pieces into a greased cake pan. Cover and let rolls double or reach desired size. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 mins. till nicely brown. Cool and frost with 1 C powdered sugar, 2-3 T milk, and 1 t vanilla. Yield: serves 10
Reviews for Pineapple Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review