This is a recipe I got from my friend Monika when we lived in Germany. When my younger daughter was a year old. She got up to the table and put her little hand inside the roll and was pulling the filling out and shoving it in her mouth. We still tease her today about it, and she laughs with us over it.
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 100-120 grams Sugar (10-12 Tbsp.)
- 100-120 grams Flour (8-10 Tbsp.)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pkg. Vanilla Sugar (equal to 1 Tsp. Vanilla)
- 200-400 grams Whipping Cream
- 1 small can Peaches, drained
- 1. Beat Egg Whites until very stiff.
- 2. Add Sugar, a little at a time, while beating Whites.
- 3. Beat until you can cut it with a knife.
- 4. Beat Yolks.
- 5. Put on top of the Egg Whites.
- 6. Add sifted Flour, and Vanilla.
- 7. Fold together carefully.
- 8. Put on waxed paper (or parchment paper on cookie sheet.)
- 9. Bake at 200 “F” for 10-12 minutes, no longer.
- 10. Take a dish towel and sprinkle with Sugar.
- 11. Tip hot cake onto towel.
- 12. Remove pan and waxed paper.
- 13. Roll cake in towel and let cool.
- 14. Beat Whipping Cream until thick.
- 15. Fold in finely chopped pieces of Peaches.
- 16. When cake is cooled, unwrap.
- 17. Spread Whipped Cream Mixture on inside, leaving border on all four sides.
- 18. Roll cake back up.
- 19. If desired a second 200g. of Cream can be used to ice outside of cake. Yield: serves 8
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review