Mandarin Orange Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
This recipe is special to me because my mom always makes a sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving since it's my favorite! My one son loves mandarin oranges so I decided to give mom's sweet potatoes a new twist of taste!
- 4-5 fresh sweet potatoes
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 C walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Simply Orange Orange Juice with Pulp
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes and bake in oven for 1 hr. 15 min.
- 2. Remove from oven let cool.
- 3. When cool, scoop out pulp and place in a mixing bowl.
- 4. Whip 2 Tbsp melted butter, 4 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. Orange Juice, and salt. Add to the sweet potatoes.
- 5. Cut half the mandarin orange sections in half. Add to the sweet potatoes.
- 6. Mix together for 2 minutes.
- 7. Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- 8. Top with remaining oranges.
- 9. Combine remaining butter (2 Tbsp), brown sugar (2 Tbsp) and walnuts over top.
- 10. Cover loosely and microwave for 12-15 minutes. Yield: serves 8
Reviews for Mandarin Orange Sweet Potato Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review