Lamb Shoulder Blade Steaks Recipe
I never tasted lamb until I met my husband who grew up eating leg of lamb on the Holidays. I was amazed at how wonderful it tastes. Since I discovered how good it is, we have a roasted leg of lamb on the Holidays yearly. Now that we are empty nesters I needed to figure out a way to make a lamb dinner for two. This is one of the recipes I put together. We both love it as well as our daughters! Submitted by Janet Burke, Elkhorn, Wisconsin.
- 2 lamb shoulder blade steaks (thick cut, 4 to 5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 ½ ounces) (can of beef gravy can be substituted for cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat. While oil is heating measure flour, Italian seasoning and seasoned salt into a zip lock bag. Place steak (one at a time) and shake to cover meat. Put steaks into frying pan and fry until lightly browned.
- Remove steaks from frying pan to an oven safe pan. Cover meat with mushroom soup. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Half way between cooking time remove pan from oven and turn steaks over mixing soup while turning. Return pan to oven for remainder of time. When done, remove from pan, mix mushroom soup and drippings and cover steaks with mushroom sauce from pan. Yield: serves 2
Reviews for Lamb Shoulder Blade Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review