This recipe is the staple vegetarian breakfast casserole at our brunch meetings.
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 - 4 oz. cans diced green chilies, drained
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 T. flour
- 6 eggs
- Garnishes: chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, salsa, sour cream
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread cheeses and chilies evenly over bottom of pan. In bowl, mix eggs, evaporated milk and flour. Pour egg mixture over cheeses. At this point, the casserole can be covered and refrigerated overnight, if needed.
- Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes. Serve warm with salsa, sour cream, tomatoes and olives on the side. Yield: serves 10
Reviews for John Wayne Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review