Italian Sausage Stuffed Hot Peppers Recipe
Every year my fiance and my families plant large gardens, and while we are always creating new dishes with the produce we grow, this dish is one of his favorites. He and I will make this dish at least 3 times a month. I also make large batches ahead of time and freeze it, that way he can take it out and cook it in not time flat.
- 8 medium sized Hungarian hot wax peppers
- 8 Italian sausage links -( use hot or sweet, whatever you like, My local grocery store makes a hot garlic Italian sausage I like to use.)
- 2 16oz jars of you favorite red pasta sauce -( I make my own sauce, but any jar sauce you like is fine.)
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/2 pound mozzarella Cheese shredded
- grated pasta cheese (Romano) for pasta
- Cut the tops off of the stem end of the peppers, Take out the white center and shake the peppers upside down to remove any seeds. Next cut a line down each of the sausage links and remove the casing keeping the form of the link.( this will make stuffing easy.) Now take one sausage link and stuff into one of the peppers. Continue until all peppers are stuffed.
- Pour half of one jar of sauce into a 9x13 baking dish, next place stuffed peppers into the dish and cover w/ the rest of the jar pf sauce. Top w/ the mozzarella cheese and bake covered for 40-45 min.
- Once the dish is in the oven Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and heat the 2nd jar of sauce. Cook the pasta according to the box and drain. Return Pasta to pot and add 3 ladles full of sauce, Toss to coat,( there will be extra sauce left over, but if your family is like mine, there is always a few people who like xtra sauce.)
- The portions are man-sized so to plate the dish I like to put a mounded serving of pasta on the plate, and then place two stuffed peppers on top of the pasta. Sprinkle w/ pasta cheese and your ready to eat! Yield: serves 4
Reviews for Italian Sausage Stuffed Hot Peppers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review