Homemade Snickers Bars
My grandmother used to make these bars for my brother and I when we were kids. It was our favorite dessert. Now, I make these amazing bars for my friends and family. They are rich, delicious and perfect with a tall glass of milk!
16 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Cook: 0 min.
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of dry roasted peanuts
- 1 lb caramels
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer 1: Melt 1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- and 1/4 cup peanut butter chips and stir. Spread evenly into baking
- Layer 2: With a rolling pin, crush the dry roasted peanuts and set
- aside. For 5 minutes, boil and stir constantly in a saucepan: 1
- cup sugar, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup peanut butter. Take off stovetop
- and add marshmallow creme and vanilla. Mix together and spread over
- previous layer in dish. Take the reserved peanuts and sprinkle over
- this layer.