As a little girl, I always loved the Samoa Girl Scout Cookies, and I still do today! Being a pie fanatic, I knew I had to turn this cookie into a pie! The ooey, gooey caramel, rich hot fudge, and creamy toasted coconut filling will have you going back for more, saying Give Me "Samoa" That Pie!
- 2 c. fudge-striped shortbread cookie crumbs (about 18-20 cookies)
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1-1/2 c. of sweetened, flaked coconut - toasted (instructions below)
- 1 (3.4) oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 c. ice cold milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed (yields 3 c.)
- 1 c. hot fudge topping, warmed
- 3/4 c. caramel sundae topping, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a food processor, pulse the cookies to a fine consistency. Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Meanwhile, spread the coconut onto a shallow parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place pie plate and baking sheet on separate shelves in the oven and bake for about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove both from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the pudding mix and milk for about 2 minutes. Add the softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Continue to beat on medium speed for about 1 minute more.
- Fold in 2-1/2 c. of whipped topping and 1 c. of the toasted coconut until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Warm the hot fudge and caramel. To do so, place them in separate bowls and microwave about 40 seconds each.
- Spread the hot fudge evenly over the cooled crust. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the hot fudge. Spoon the pie filling evenly across the caramel. Top with the remaining ½ c. whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 c. toasted coconut evenly across the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill for 4-6 hours, or overnight. Yield: serves 8
Reviews for Give Me "Samoa" That Pie!
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review