There is a little diner near my home town in upstate New York that is famous for it's "Wimpy Burgers". It's all about the sauce, and the recipe was given to me by one of the natives.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Sauce ingredients:
- 12 beef bouillon cubes
- 6 cups water
- 2 cup Italian Bread crunbs
- 4 teasspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons accent
- 4 teaspoons worchestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 3 ounce cans potted meat (Armour makes it)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, or salt to taste
- Mix the ground chuck and ground sirloin together, and make 10 patties.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together, bring to a boil, turn down the heat and bring to a slow simmer.
- Put the hamburger patties in the sauce.
- Simmer on very low heat, stirring occasionaly with a spatula being carefull not to break up the patties. Yield: serves 10
Reviews for Famous Wimpy Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review