- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 10 ounce can black olives, sliced
- 2 packages taco seasoning
- 1 package burrito seasoning
- 2 20 ounce cans refried beans w/jalapeno
- 1 10 ounce can hot chili
- 2 28 ounce cans hot enchilada sauce
- 1 pound medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 10-12 large flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large skillet, brown beef, then drain. Return beef to pan and add taco and burrito seasonings, along with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed. While meat mixture is simmering, combine the refried beans and the hot chili and add to a 3 quart sauce pan. Turn heat to low and stir occassionally. Combine cheeses in a large bowl.
- Gas range skip this step
- Heat electric range top (glass top works too) to high heat and wait 1-2 minutes, until the burner is red hot. Carefully drag a tortilla over the range top to brown. Repeat on other side. Tortilla should be browned, yet pliable.
- Place tortilla flat on a plate. Add 1/3 cup of the bean mixture in a straight line down the center of the tortilla. Then add 2/3 cup of the beef mixture, 2 teaspoons each of the onion and olives, then ½ cup cheese. Roll (taquito style) onto a greased broiler pan or large baking pan. Repeat for remaining burritos.
- When you have filled the sheet, cover the row of burritos with 1 can of enchilada sauce per sheet (5-6 burritos). Sprinkle remaining cheese , onions and olives.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly in the center.
- Serve with Guacamole, sour cream and hot sauce. Yield: serves 10
Reviews for Enchiritos (baked burritos)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review