- CHICKEN LIPS
- 2 pounds voluptuous chicken breasts
- 2 pounds flour
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- Buy fresh boneless chicken breasts, big, jumbo babies, wash thoroughly then place on a cutting board, use a sharp knife to remove any fat or skin. Cut chicken into long strips about as thick as your thumb. Put the flour into a bowl and season it with salt and pepper. Pour the buttermilk into a bowl. Make sure the bowls you use are large enough to handle the chicken when it is added. Dip the chicken a few strips at a time into the flour, then buttermilk, then back to the flour. Coat well in each stage. Place them on a platter as they are breaded and reserve until cooking.
- Heat frying oil in a large skillet or pot, fry daddy or outdoor cooker to 350 degrees. Fry the lips in batches and place them on a platter lined with paper towels. Dip the lips into the hot lip sauce and put onto a serving platter. Serve immediately with Budweiser Blue Cheese Dressing on the side.
- HOT LIP SAUCE
- 1 pound butter
- 2 cups hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- Melt the butter in a pan large enough to hold it, do not allow it to boil. Pour the butter into a blender. Turn blender on to high, hopefully remembering to put the cover on first. Slowly pour in in hot sauce until it is incorporated, the sauce should be bright orange and become emulsified or slightly thick, add garlic and blend for about 30 seconds. This is Hot Lip Sauce.
- If you have any left over pour it into a jug, cover it and save at room temperature until next time. Hot Lip Sauce should keep at room temperature for at least three days. Yield: serves 6
Reviews for Chiken Lips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2011
"This recipe is great, I've made it many times, but it is unfortunate a Taste of Home contributor ripped it off from the Food Guru. www.foodguru.com"