It is one of my favorite dishes, reminds me of the holidays and I was inspired to make this by my mother who recently passed away from Breast Cancer. The recipe is also my own.
- 1.5 lbs. fresh chicken breast fillets
- 4 cups of Italian bread crumbs
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1- cup Pinot Grigio
- 2- cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 yellow or white onion
- 1- cup shredded mozzarella
- 6-8 slices of provolone cheese cut in half
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese (grated)
- garlic powder
- parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/8 cup of milk (any type, whole, 1% etc.)
- 4 eggs
- slice chicken thin
- in a bowl scramble all 4 eggs and add 1/8 cup of milk
- add salt and pepper
- in seperate a bowl pour bread crumbs, add 1/8 cup of grated pecorino romano cheese, mix with a spoon
- line up 2 bowls one with eggs, one with bread crumb mixture and one empty large plate
- take the chicken and dip in egg followed by dipping and coating with bread crumbs, set on the clean plate.
- coat all chicken before starting to fry
- on medium heat place a large frying pan halway filled with either olive or vegetable oil.
- pan fry chicken until golden brown
- when chicken is removed from oil place on paper towels (to absorb extra oil)
- once all chicken has been pan fried you will need a large pyrex type dish or aluminum throw away pan.
- place all chicken overlapping in the dish/pan and set aside
- crush the 4 garlic cloves (peeled) and chop the 1/2 onion finely
- in medium sized saucepan on medium heat add crushed garlic, finely chopped onion and 1/8 cup of olive oil until garlic, onion is light brown
- (preheat your oven to 395 degrees at this time)
- add 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of pinot grigio
- add salt and pepper to taste as well as a few sprinkles of garlic powder, parsley flakes
- bring to a boil for about 3-5 minutes
- remove from heat and pour over chicken in pan
- cover pan with foil and bake in oven on 395 degrees for about 30 minutes
- remove from oven and add cheeses on top of chicken (mozzarella, provolove and pecorino romano, cover chicken evenly with all cheeses)
- place back in oven uncovered for an additional 10 minutes on 395 degrees
- once cheese is melted and bubbly, remove from oven and enjoy...
- serve with pasta or over steamed white rice, goes great with salad and red or white wine.
- side items you might want to serve with this:
- white rice
- green beans
- pasta with butter and cheese
- pasta with sauce
- pasta with oil and bread crumbs Yield: serves 6
Reviews for Chicken with Pinot Grigio sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review