Chicken Bianco Recipe
My mother always served Chicken Bianco for our favorite birthday meal, I come from a family of nine children so she had this recipe down.Over the years we have all put our own spin on the original trying to duplicate mom's.This version is as close to honoring my mother as my memory allows. Love You Mom, Miss You.
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large yellow onions chopped
- 3-6 TBS olive oil
- 1 lbs. brown mushrooms sliced
- 8-10 Italian sausage links
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 TBS flour
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large dutch oven, deep skillet or I use my largest enameled cast iron casserole, cook garlic and onion in 2 TBS olive oil until semi-transparent.Remove to plate and hold. Add mushroom and 1 TBS oil, cook until dry, remove to plate with onions.Throughly brown sausage cooking half way adding extra oil if needed, remove to seperate plate, cover to keep warm.Into oil left from sausage, brown ckicken legs, using extra oil as needed, remove, drain off fat.Deglaze pan using 1 cup chicken stock, add sausage,chicken, mushroom with onions and garlic. Add remaining liquids, bring to simmer, cook on low for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until sausage is done and chicken is tender.
- In small bowl whisk together flour and pepper to sift, add water 1 TBS at a time to form a smooth paste.Add paste to simmering pot stirring gently until thickened slightly.
- Serve 1 leg and 1 whole or half sausage over pasta with lots of the gravy and a vegetable side dish. Yield: serves 10
Reviews for Chicken Bianco
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review