Chicken Oreganata Recipe
I grew up in an Italian family who were first generation imigrants from Naples, Italy. One of our favorite dinners was chicken oreganata. It smells wonderful while cooking and the juices it creates are yummy when sopped up with crusty Italian bread. I have passed on this traditional dish to my children and grandchildren and they all love it and make it. Whenever this dish is baking in the oven, it gives me pleasant memories of my mom and grandma in the kitchen teaching me how to make this chicken,
- 1 chicken cut up into desired pieces.
- 3 lg. sweet onions sliced
- 6 lg. cloves of garlic chopped not minced
- 1 lg. bunch Italian parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Arrange chicken pieces in a 9 by 12 baking pan. Spread onions, garlic, and parsley over chicken. Sprinkle oregano, salt and pepper over all. Add olive oil over all chicken.
- Bake in 350 degree oven till juices run clear and all is well browned. Baste every 20 minutes. Yield: serves 4
Reviews for Chicken Oreganata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review