I don't like the taste of alcohol but the rum gives this cake a rich, moist taste and I have played with it adding in other ingredients. It is delicious at Christmas.
- 1 box (10.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 small (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries (drained)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour (or use non-stick cooking spray with flour) a Bundt cake pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Drain cherries on paper towels and cut each into fourths.
- Mix cake mix, pudding, eggs, water, oil, and rum into large bowl with mixer or by hand just till mixed (don't overmix).
- Gently fold in cherries and pecans. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan or loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and invert onto serving platter. Yield: serves 12
Reviews for Cherry Nut Rum Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review