This soup is comforting and delicious. Leftovers are just as good. My grandma used to make it when we were little, very glad I can make it on my own now.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds pork sirloin, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 soup bone
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 head cabbage, chopped or brussel sprouts
- 3 ears of corn, broken in thirds
- 2 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 small can El Pato
- Cumin, chile powder, oregano, salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Place pork, soup bones, garlic and onion in a large stock pot and brown slightly in a bit of oil if desired. Add water until pot is about half full. Bring to a boil and cover. Cook 3-4 hours or until pork is tender. Remove soup bone.
- Add all of the vegetables, except corn and zucchini, and spices.
- Cook until all vegetables are cooked through. About 30-40 minutes. Add corn and zucchini in about halfway through. Yield: serves 8
Reviews for Caldo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review