Baked Chocolate Tart
Source: Jamie Oliver
0 ServingsPrep: 0 min. Cook: 60 min.
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 5 ½ ounces semisweet chocolate (a bit under 1 cup)
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- Small pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 7 ounces granulated sugar (a bit over 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 medium heaping tablespoons sour cream or crème fraiche
- 10-inch flan or tart shell baked blind* (instructions follow in next post)
- Place the butter, chocolate, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl over a
- pan of simmering water and allow to melt slowly, stirring
- occasionally until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and sugar together until light and
- well creamed, and then add the golden syrup and sour cream or crème
- fraiche. Stir the chocolate mixture into this mixture, scraping all
- the chocolate out with a spatula. Once you’ve mixed it well, pour it
- into the pastry shell. Place into a preheated 150ºC/300º F oven for
- 40 to 45 minutes. During cooking a beautiful crust will form on top.
- Carefully remove the tart from the oven and allow to cool on a rack