- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 5 ½ ounces semisweet chocolate (a bit under 1 cup)
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- Small pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 7 ounces granulated sugar (a bit over 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 medium heaping tablespoons sour cream or crème fraiche
- 10-inch flan or tart shell, baked blind* (instructions follow in next post)
- Place the butter, chocolate, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt slowly, stirring occasionally until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and sugar together until light and well creamed, and then add the golden syrup and sour cream or crème fraiche. Stir the chocolate mixture into this mixture, scraping all the chocolate out with a spatula. Once you’ve mixed it well, pour it into the pastry shell. Place into a preheated 150ºC/300º F oven for 40 to 45 minutes. During cooking a beautiful crust will form on top.
- Carefully remove the tart from the oven and allow to cool on a rack for at least 45 minutes, during which time the skin will crack and the filling will shrink slightly. Yield: serves 1
Reviews for Baked Chocolate Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review